Senior Electrical Engineer
Reporting to Hayward Pool Products Principle Mechanical Engineer this Senior Engineering position will perform printed circuit electronic design, component and technology sourcing, general electrical and electronic architecture, validation test plans and circuit reliability verification. Working globally and cross-functionally with a wide variety of organizations, and engineering disciplines he/she will assure the highest level of design quality, integrity and performance are maintained, not only in their designs but the designs of the more junior engineering personnel they are asked to mentor. He/she will execute their respective responsibilities with a minimum of supervision and with strict adherence to all company policies and procedures. A key technical position for the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with Marketing Product Managers, and working directly with mechanical design, software and test engineering teams to design products such as robotic pool cleaners. Current products are shown at www.hayward-pool.com.
- Develop product architecture, provide high level and detailed project work-breakdown estimates
- Conceive and design digital and analog circuits
- Create schematic and wiring diagrams including sequence of operation instructions
- Provide design oversight and consultation to other team members
- Lead and complete specific product design initiatives including large system or platform projects that will meet industry and agency standards and requirements
- Collaborate with Hayward’s Director of Engineering (Electrical Products) and Engineering Services Manager on design process development initiatives, design architectures, department workflows and structure, etc.
- Provide assistance to internal and external field service issues
- Provide frequent technical assessment of situations relating to normal scope of influence
- Lead by example through the execution of designs within product specification guidelines for form, fit, function, quality, produce-ability, cost and schedule.
- 7+ years in technical design capacity.
- Team Leadership experience in a process-oriented design environment
- The ideal candidate will also be mechanically inclined, skilled in writing or tweaking software, skilled in digital design with some analog skills
- Experience validating complex systems involving hardware, software, and mechanical components
- Skilled at developing and delivering business presentations to non-technical staff and executives
- Demonstrated experience with Product Development Processes and disciplines.
- Skilled knowledge of “Design of Experiments” techniques.
- Skilled knowledge of “Failure Mode and Effects” analysis.
- Ability to analyze and reduce a wide range of product data in the determination of root causes to problems.
- Skilled knowledge of 3D CAD preferably with SolidWorks
- Use of simulation tools such
- Develop and execute design Validation test
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes, disciplines and “design for assembly” methods.
- Proven problem solving ability.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- BSEE / MSEE or equivalent
- Green/Black Belt certification a plus
Please send your resume indicating the position in which you are applying, with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.