October 13, 2006
Hayward Pool Products, a division of Hayward Industries, Inc., understands the importance of protecting privacy. We believe that it is in the best interests of our customers that we collect and maintain both a mailing list and a list of e-mail addresses in order to allow us to more efficiently communicate with our customers and keep them informed of our new products and promotions. This Policy discloses Hayward's privacy practices relating to use of this website. If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through our website or write to us at Privacy, c/o Hayward Pool Products, 620 Division Street, Elizabeth, New Jersey 07207.
Information we collect and how we use it:
In order to better serve you, Hayward may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide - In our consumer newsletter, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.). For certain services, such as our rebate program, we also request credit card or other payment account information, which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers.
- How we acquire consumer information
- We collect consumer information from "Contact Us" forms on our website, inquiries made through our call center, rebate coupons, and warranty registrations mailed to our various clearinghouses. From time to time, we also rent names and mailing addresses of consumers who we feel are likely to be interested in our products. Our acquisition of e-mail addresses is limited solely to customers who volunteer their e-mail addresses specifically to Hayward, and to visitors to our online Newsletter who opt-in to our e-mail list.
- What we do with the e-mail opt-in information
- We send our Hayward Newsletter to the individuals on our e-mail list. We also occasionally send these individuals other mailings, such as announcements of promotions, rebates and events coming to local Authorized Hayward retailers. We use our e-mail list to keep our customers informed of promotions and sales events.
- How to remove your name from our list
If you would like to be deleted from our mailing list, inform us of an address change, or notify us that you are receiving duplicate mailings, contact us and explain the situation. We will do our best to quickly honor your request. To remove your name from our e-mail list, go to http://www.haywardnet.com/optout.cfm, enter your e-mail address and click the "Unsubscribe" button.
- Log information - When you access this website, our computer servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as the portions of the website accessed, the Internet Protocol address assigned to your computer, the type of browser used by your computer, the date and time of your access to the website, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your computer.
- User communications - When you send e-mail or other communications to Hayward, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our products and services.
Choices for personal information
In our consumer newsletter, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different from the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes.
Children's personal information
- Who we share your customer information with
No one. Hayward Pool Products does not sell, trade or otherwise distribute customer information to anyone.
- Hayward may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who accessed a particular page of this website, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular product identified on this website. Such information does not identify you individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Hayward employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our products and service. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Hayward processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our products and service. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
We make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require an undue burden.
Hayward regularly reviews its compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or Hayward's treatment of personal information by contacting us through this web site or by writing to us at Privacy, c/o Hayward Pool Products, 620 Division Street, Elizabeth, New Jersey 07207. When we receive formal written complaints at this address, Hayward will contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Hayward and an individual.
Changes to this policy
If you have any additional questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time through this web site or at Privacy, c/o Hayward Pool Products, 620 Division Street, Elizabeth, New Jersey 07207.